Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newark Revamp, and the old version
As we all know a revamp is coming for Newark. I have a question. Two, actually.
  1. What is the ETA for the revamp?
  2. Will the old version be made into a classic (Newark V1) game for people who liked the old version to play?
Road geek of all places
The answer to the first question will probably be>7<

To the second, God I hope so.

A Patriots fan in the heart of Northeast
Florida.

Btw: It's a Rotary
I'm pretty sure that Matt or someone already said that there probably won't be a classic version last time this was asked. Anyway, I think the revamp is going to come fairly soon (next few months?) since why else would TTP close the game?
(05-09-2018, 05:19 AM)Joonas Wrote: I'm pretty sure that Matt or someone already said that there probably won't be a classic version last time this was asked. Anyway, I think the revamp is going to come fairly soon (next few months?) since why else would TTP close the game?

Ik that just asking THE ETA. I know it;s coming soon but WHAT IS THE ETA (e.g. July 16-25)
Road geek of all places
They will not give ETA's, they've been over this before.   Ask for an ETA and they will say, 7, probably, until what ever day they've picked gets near will they  say when it is.

A Patriots fan in the heart of Northeast
Florida.

Btw: It's a Rotary
The classic version still utilizes the stat API database, and because it is severely outdated, it is a major security concern. That is the reason Newark was closed recently. There were massive security holes that we didn’t realize people were taking advantage of.

So no, there won’t be a classic version, and I have no idea when the rework is coming out.
~ Matt
Chief Implementation Officer | Chief Financial Officer | President of Web Operations
Ultimate Driving
The premier driving experience.
Thanks for the clarification! I had no idea that Newark had such security issues, but it does make sense, it hadn't been updated in like a year I think?
You should probably put that on TTP'S twitter page so people know that's why Newark is closed.
DriveTime Admin
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Atomant1774
Discord:https://discord.gg/PyfBPwP
(05-10-2018, 08:36 AM)Matt Wrote: The classic version still utilizes the stat API database, and because it is severely outdated, it is a major security concern. That is the reason Newark was closed recently. There were massive security holes that we didn’t realize people were taking advantage of.

So no, there won’t be a classic version, and I have no idea when the rework is coming out.

Like did you guys find this your self? Or did you read my post about why Newark should be updated.
Can you help me find dory? Want to talk to me? Well message me on discord TheKasels#4150
It would be nice if Alex did something like he did with the old versions of the odessa and delancy gorge maps, as well as the original UD II and III maps, where he uploaded them with modern equipment. Therefore you would have the map, but there would be no oudated equipment
[Image: ZFBgp12.png]
Proud resident of the state of Nebraska.

Official UDU Tester

Owner and one of the founders of the Infinity Driving Universe