Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know the content filter is bad when the appeals team tells you how to bypass it
This extremely annoying ordeal started on July 6th, when i tried uploading this image to roblox for a reason that i don't remember. I uploaded the image (the bypassed version is at https://www.roblox.com/catalog/2052383689) and it was deleted, I tried uploading the same image to an alt, and it was deleted instantly.

My next step was to send an asset appeal thru the support form, i didn't get a response until 7/8 (7/9 at 2am for me as of now), the appeals team asked me to send a copy of the image over email, so I did. About an hour later, I got a response saying that the image was ok, but since they couldn't do anything about the content filter, I would have to bypass it, they told me to make some "small changes" such as changing a small section of the image to a different color.

What i did was i opened the built in photo editor on my phone and added an almost indistinguishable vignette effect to the image, since the image background was transparent, the only difference was that part of the edge was slightly darker. Anyways, after i got home 2 hours later, I uploaded the image, and I get the "under review" image as usual, but this time it takes what feels like forever to get approved (I left my house and went to the mall and stayed for about 3 hours [after the other 2 hours], came back and still not up yet), after I finish dinner, the hell finally stopped and it's available. I then got another email apologizing for "causing inconvenience" saying "We will try our best to fix this", as if they actually will.

So that's my story of how it took me 3 days to upload a single image. The moral: If you need to reveal how to bypass your filter then it's NOT a good filter.
[Image: 1UPDTC5TM3N3MZGT5EX201K1B2DEFF]
The content filter has been a thorn in our asses when it comes to uploading the mesh parts that constitute the cars. If they get blocked we have to literally change one vertex by a minuscule amount and reexport and reupload. It’s garbage.
~ Matt
Chief Implementation Officer | Chief Financial Officer | President of Web Operations
Ultimate Driving
The premier driving experience.
Did you really expect ROBLOX of all organisations to have a good content filter, especially considering the quality of their chat filter (which you have to bypass in order to say half the words in the English language)?
(07-09-2018, 10:06 AM)DANISSY1 Wrote: Did you really expect ROBLOX of all organisations to have a good content filter, especially considering the quality of their chat filter (which you have to bypass in order to say half the words in the English language)?

Of course i don't expect them to, but the problem is that the staff know how bad it is and they do nothing. They didn't make it, but the least they could do is find another company that will do it instead of twohat which clearly can't do it properly. The sad part about their never-working filter is that nintendo is also a big customer/sponsor

EDIT: Nintendo has dropped community sift altogether
Hey #### it is a ###### day we’re having right?
>>>"This thread is faulty!"<<< - TaurusReborn
PENNSYLVANIA
LEHIGHVALLEYROADGEEK
(07-09-2018, 04:27 PM)Joseph Wrote: Hey #### it is a ###### day we’re having right?

###### #############
this post is probably purely idiotic

-NotPancake
(stats as of 12-3-17)
[Image: froscc9LToWZZbzFk6-dYQ.png]
All cars owned except the Can Am and the One:1.
All gamepasses owned except Garage pass.
# think #### is a ####### filter.
I #### even ### #### of the ##### in ### English language.
I've never had a mesh get denied so far but several textures have been denied for unusual reasons.
[Image: dNnuIIR.png]
Exhibit A on how not to make a good product...if your product requires you to defeat itself, then clearly you did something wrong.

I'm convinced Roblox's security is comprised of monkeys at this point.
That gum you like is going to come back in style.
(07-10-2018, 01:08 PM)noelbotevera Wrote: Exhibit A on how not to make a good product...if your product requires you to defeat itself, then clearly you did something wrong.

I'm convinced Roblox's security is comprised of monkeys at this point.

What security? I don't think they got nuttin'. Also roblox doesn't make the chat filter, it's made by Twohat Security