Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Middletown NY
Evening Guys: 
I have been taking my time, putting a lot of planning and work into my latest game. Now it's not done quite yet, and I know there are some bugs (Triangle Plugin and hills on US-6). This game is in southern New York, with realistic highways (Numbers and such) from the busy secondary roads to the quiet roads in the woods you will get it all. There are two towns in this game, Middletown (Based off of Middletown NJ) and Oak Island (Based off of Ithaca NY) Now I am working these next few weeks to put in detail and realism into EACH and EVERY area of my game, including, signage, trees, rivers and buildings. There are a few rivers right now, but I have not put in water as that will be my next part after I fix U.S. 6. The majority of roads are complete except in Oak Island and south of Middletown. I am also debating whether to add an Interstate (East of Middletown). At first I wanted to, but I started to think that the game would be "too busy". I hope you guys enjoy the game and hope that you guys leave some constructive criticism. I am fixing all the hills and triangles on route 6 so please exclude that. 

Link: https://www.roblox.com/games/553614626/Middletown-Dev

UPDATE: Roundabout in oak island is being built, It is almost complete but just working on that main square right now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

UwU that’s pretty fantastic shorter-chan!
>>>"This thread is faulty!"<<< - TaurusReborn
PENNSYLVANIA
LEHIGHVALLEYROADGEEK
Outstanding work! I hope to see this map joining the UDU soon.  Big Grin
[Image: heart-sketch-1c.png] Here's hoping you are having a great day!  Heart
What road pack did you use?
Thanks. BTW my username is sasha12279
Kid that knows a lot about roads from the State Of Ohio
Hiway Freak
(08-01-2018, 06:07 PM)Luna_x2 Wrote: Outstanding work! I hope to see this map joining the UDU soon.  Big Grin

Sorry to correct you (after all the other people here have already done it), but it's extremely rare that one of the games here actually joins the UDU. The quality of the map must be on the quality level of proper UD maps in order to join, and even then it's gonna be tough. I don't completely know how they decide to hire new game devs since I'm not a part of the staff but I can say for sure that it isn't as easy as it may look like. Most games if not all here aren't even meant for the UD, the developers are just teasing them so the people know about it.
Nissan Leopard 870 Ultima GF31 3.0 V6 Twin Cam Intelligent Adult Coupe

^^this car actually exists^^
(08-03-2018, 07:18 AM)Starskiller233 Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 06:07 PM)Luna_x2 Wrote: Outstanding work! I hope to see this map joining the UDU soon.  Big Grin

Sorry to correct you (after all the other people here have already done it), but it's extremely rare that one of the games here actually joins the UDU. The quality of the map must be on the quality level of proper UD maps in order to join, and even then it's gonna be tough. I don't completely know how they decide to hire new game devs since I'm not a part of the staff but I can say for sure that it isn't as easy as it may look like. Most games if not all here aren't even meant for the UD, the developers are just teasing them so the people know about it.

wha
 Chiefs and Cardinals fan. Basketball and Baseball fan
(08-03-2018, 07:18 AM)Starskiller233 Wrote:

Ah, thanks for letting me know. When I build my projects, I put all the quality I can in them, but I am no where near at a sort of decent level of scripting.. I think if I actually build a game like the UD games, I'd need a scripter to work with me. But this was interesting to know. Smile
[Image: heart-sketch-1c.png] Here's hoping you are having a great day!  Heart
I got some cool stuff coming out this week including a complete new town of Suffern NY. It will be a quiet town, very quiet with a hotel, supermarket and a few houses. SR-33 will run through the center of the little town as well as the Bypass from I-87 to Oak Island.

The Game is open this week and expect an update Thursday with many bug fixes, more detail and of course the town.

Link: https://www.roblox.com/games/553614626/Middletown

Thanks guys for some of the feedback and have a great day!
If the game is open, why no front picture? And it's a pretty nice map. You should extend it.
Who wants Chicken Nomtauk for dinnero?

Well, it is available at Alan Island's best cafe - for Harriston's sakes! Shy Angry