Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delaware Tornado of July 1969
DELAWARE TORNADO OF 1969
Disclaimer: This story is fictional.

July 21st, 1969 was a stormy day for Delaware. When residents were beginning to wake up, the weather forecasted some thunderstorms
for the day. But a major threat was brewing that many meteorologists in the area dismissed. Around 4 PM, torrential rainfall began to approach
the Odessa area, heading south. Little did Odessa residents know, that behind that layer of heavy rainfall, a tornado was about to touch down.
Visibilities were dangerously reduced.

But a storm chaser traveling on Highway 1, going north, spotted the tornado forming. Immediately, he reported it to meteorologists, who issued
a Tornado Warning for the area. Just a few minutes after the warning was issued, the EF-3 tornado was on the ground and traveling towards
Odessa at 80 MPH. Residents who had not been made aware of the warning were taken by surprise, since the layer of rain was obscuring the
view of the tornado. A farm house just east of Highway 1, near the shores of White Clay Creek,
received major damage and killed all four residents, including the farmer. At 4:49 PM, the tornado entered Odessa, and began to cause
destruction to the city. Many of the buildings were destroyed. The storm moved out of Odessa after 4:56 PM, leaving only the historical church,
the police department and one shoppe standing.

The tornado was now moving north-west, crossing the I-95. Residents in Bordenville were told to seek shelter through TV and radio as the storm
moved into the
area. The tornado went straight through a neighborhood along I-95, destroying many houses and an apartment block as it soon after
moved across Highway 72 and then across the I-76. The tornado became a waterspout just as it reached the shore of Rodanthe Sound, much
to the delight of South Beach residents, who observed it safely.[Image: poui.PNG]

The total death toll was 37.
Should I made a EAS mock about this? I will give credit to you.
Jayman15334645
Kool just a cool dude, that's all
(06-06-2019, 08:20 PM)JaymanRBLX Wrote: Should I made a EAS mock about this? I will give credit to you.

This was 1969, I don't even think the EBS existed at that point, could be wrong.
- NotPancake

Long time UD player, own a lot. Have every gamepass.
(06-08-2019, 07:34 PM)PancakeKillerYT Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 08:20 PM)JaymanRBLX Wrote: Should I made a EAS mock about this? I will give credit to you.

This was 1969, I don't even think the EBS existed at that point, could be wrong.

I might pretend that it happened in 2011. Is that okay?
Jayman15334645
Kool just a cool dude, that's all
Sure! You can make one. Pretend it happened in 1999. ( EAS was established in 1997. ) And please give me credit along with the link to the forum post in the description! Message me when you're finished with the mock.