Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Get to know your staff: index/poor_choices
Question 
Hi there, this time around it's my turn to have a Q&A and this, as of now, is the last and final one in the series of staff Q&As.

A little background info:

Most of you all, I would predict know me by the name 'index' because that's the username I've used for about a year and a half now and the one I've come to be more well known under. I am 16 and I live in North Carolina, and as some of you might've noticed I've got a particular obsession with collecting old tech, alongisde my other hobbies, roadgeeking obviously being one of those.

I started my time at the UDU on September 24, 2016 at 13 years old and I feel as if I'm maybe one of staff members people know less about, (but not unknown) because I'm not very active on the public areas of the UDU Discord at all, you're far more likely to catch me doing stuff on Twitter.

With that said, feel free to ask away. I'll answer almost anything as long as it's not, like, inappropriate or breaking the rules or whatever. If you want to keep things interesting try asking about stuff other than UD/UDU development, I'll answer it. I already get asked about that kind of stuff a lot so it isn't particularly interesting for me to answer it anymore, plus the whole point of this is to get to know us beyond being staff.
[Image: hD4gF80.png]
-What was the journey to becoming a developer for Ultimate Driving like?
-What old tech have you collected, if any yet?
-What made you pick the name "Index"?
Ultimate Driving and Wings of Fire fan.

Owner of Divo and F1 in UD.
What is your design "process" for your games?
- NotPancake

Long time UD player, own a lot. Have every gamepass.
(07-08-2019, 09:51 AM)poorchoices Wrote: Hi there, this time around it's my turn to have a Q&A and this, as of now, is the last and final one in the series of staff Q&As.

Most of you all, I would predict know me by the name 'index' because that's the username I've used for about a year and a half now and the one I've come to be more well known under. I am 16 and I live in North Carolina, and as some of you might've noticed I've got a particular obsession with collecting old tech, alongisde my other hobbies, roadgeeking obviously being one of those.

I started my time at the UDU on September 24, 2016 at 13 years old and I feel as if I'm maybe one of staff members people know less about, (but not unknown) because I'm not very active on the public areas of the UDU Discord at all, you're far more likely to catch me doing stuff on Twitter.

With that said, feel free to ask away. I'll answer almost anything as long as it's not, like, inappropriate or breaking the rules or whatever.
How did TTP reach out to you to join UD? What was your reaction?
 Chiefs and Cardinals fan. Basketball and Baseball fan
What's your favorite game that you have developed or are developing right now?
What got you into old tech?
How many pieces of old tech do you have?
What is your favourite piece of old tech you’ve got?
uhh hi whatchu doin?
When will part 5 of the police updates come out?
(07-08-2019, 10:05 AM)cooljayden2450rblx Wrote: -What was the journey to becoming a developer for Ultimate Driving like?
-What old tech have you collected, if any yet?
-What made you pick the name "Index"?

A gradual build-up of improvement in my building skills and interaction in the UDU discord until I was inivted.
A bunch. 19 computers so far. Most recent ones are an IBM PS/2 Model 30 286 (1987) and an IBM Thinkpad Transnote (2001) which is insanely rare.
I don't really know.

(07-08-2019, 10:10 AM)PancakeKillerYT Wrote: What is your design "process" for your games?

I don't have a particular approach to it.

(07-08-2019, 10:20 AM)sonicth1234 Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 09:51 AM)poorchoices Wrote: Hi there, this time around it's my turn to have a Q&A and this, as of now, is the last and final one in the series of staff Q&As.

With that said, feel free to ask away. I'll answer almost anything as long as it's not, like, inappropriate or breaking the rules or whatever.
How did TTP reach out to you to join UD? What was your reaction?

Matt reached out to me, actually, and my initial reaction was to immediately accept the offer.

(07-08-2019, 10:20 AM)potatosoul101 Wrote: What's your favorite game that you have developed or are developing right now?

(07-08-2019, 11:10 AM)Toucan Wrote: What got you into old tech?
How many pieces of old tech do you have?
What is your favourite piece of old tech you’ve got?

I don't know, I've just been into it my entire life.
I like them all but my favorite machine right now is this IBM PS/2 P70 386

(07-08-2019, 12:23 PM)cerr6363jr Wrote: When will part 5 of the police updates come out?

idk
[Image: hD4gF80.png]
If you had to choose between the Ford Crown Victoria  Police Interceptor and the Ford Taurus 2013 Pursuit Interceptor which one would it be and why?
It's not a car if it don't go brapapapa stutututu!11!
Toyota Four Runner or Jeep Cherokee?

#jeepgang