Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia road signs
This is my first attempt for making a sign, so please don't kill me for small mistakes. 

Like the title said, this is a road sign based on the style in Russia. If you wonder why I put the Latin script letters on it, many new signs especially in autonomous regions and larger cities have a Latin script version of the names of places on the signs. The places shown on this sign are real ones. 

Please let me know what is good and how I can improve!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The whole "Latin alphabet" on signs thing makes sense. But it is pretty close, or what I've seen in Sovietputinland. But what's with all the exotic signs lately?
We're out of Chicken Nomtauk. Go to Bordenville for spoiled milk, or SEE YOU IN CAPE DANN! Angry

Awwwww. This business should go to da Worstover Islands or da Bethany Bleach.  Wink
(08-13-2019, 08:44 AM)Poxism Squared Wrote: The whole "Latin alphabet" on signs thing makes sense. But it is pretty close, or what I've seen in Russia. But what's with all the exotic signs lately?

This is the font that is used on all new signs now. The reason for the Latin alphabet is because the tourism economy is growing and not all the tourists from Europe and America know the Cyrillic. Easier for them to see signs with the Latin so they know where to go.
What's the colour coding on Russian signs? In North-Western Europe (UK, Norway, France, Germany), motorway signs are blue? Does Russia just have shit motorways or is it different?

Also did they use similar signs during the Soviet Era as well?
"Zulus! Thousands of 'em!"

[Image: wQU2Hgl.png]
CoA w/ all the blood links to I have countries
(08-13-2019, 10:59 AM)neddyfram Wrote: What's the colour coding on Russian signs? In North-Western Europe (UK, Norway, France, Germany), motorway signs are blue? Does Russia just have shit motorways or is it different?

Also did they use similar signs during the Soviet Era as well?

The color coding depends on the sign type. They have a lot of colors and the signs to welcome you to a village can be blue with white text or white with black text depending on where you are and what type of settlement you go into. Yeah sure larger cities have crazy big signs, but most smaller villages are just a metal sign like that one. 

The motorways in a lot of the country are shit, the only good quality ones are in bigger cities like Moscow, St Petersburg, Grozny, Kazan, Ufa, Krasnodar, Sochi... only the big well known cities. Mostly, the roads in rural areas are either very bad condition and falling apart, or just a dirt road. 

The signs were not too different in the Soviet times. Russia called itself the successor to USSR and a lot of things remained the same as before. The color was a little different on signs with a slightly different font and that is about it.