Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best road sets/tips for roadmaking?
Hello,
I'm trying to make a town but every time I make the roads they get so bad they basically become hopeless due to intersections glitching etc, is there any way to make good, smooth roads or could anyone link me to a kit that allows me to make roads? It would also help if someone told me a way to add footpaths onto the side of roads or make smooth intersections as well, as I constantly fail at both of these as well.

TiA for your help!
"Zulus! Thousands of 'em!"

[Image: wQU2Hgl.png]
CoA w/ all the blood links to I have countries
https://www.roblox.com/library/312334284...ad-Kit-2-0 I have a kit, basic but complex. Use the lane width, and on each side add the lane marking you want

I would say have a grass block with the color of your terrain there, and then your footpath, then model and extend. As for "smooth intersections", if you mean the textures colliding, select all of the parts in the intersection and then union them.

If you mean curved like irl, grab a smaller piece, then curve it to the other side, then extend the concrete inwards (then union ig for no texture clipping)

Tried to explain it above in the best way I could without a full video tutorial
- NotPancake

Long time UD player, own a lot. Have every gamepass.
(08-15-2019, 10:35 AM)PancakeKillerYT Wrote: https://www.roblox.com/library/312334284...ad-Kit-2-0 I have a kit, basic but complex. Use the lane width, and on each side add the lane marking you want

I would say have a grass block with the color of your terrain there, and then your footpath, then model and extend. As for "smooth intersections", if you mean the textures colliding, select all of the parts in the intersection and then union them.

If you mean curved like irl, grab a smaller piece, then curve it to the other side, then extend the concrete inwards (then union ig for no texture clipping)

Tried to explain it above in the best way I could without a full video tutorial

Thank you!
"Zulus! Thousands of 'em!"

[Image: wQU2Hgl.png]
CoA w/ all the blood links to I have countries
If you want the intersection to be signalized, I don't recommend using TTP Traffic Light plugin to set up traffic signals.  Instead, set them up manually.
The picture below shows an example of a set of traffic lights that are placed manually.  I used custom poles instead of TTP poles and decals to make the backplates look reflective on the front and not on the back or sides (which is realistic) (while TTP reflective backplates look unrealistic).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 37m1fu.jpg]
I personally like using TTP's plugin because I can get pretty close to what Nebraska uses IRL. Its up to you what you use for signals.
[Image: ZFBgp12.png]
Proud resident of the state of Nebraska.

Official UDU Tester

Owner and one of the founders of the Infinity Driving Universe