Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My most (and least) favorite infotainment systems.
OHere is my top 5 best (and worst) infotainment systems in the market.  A good system does not keep driver’s eye off the road while a bad one distracts the driver.  Two of my parent’s cars (a Sienna and a Highlander) have Toyota Entune, which is a decent infotainment system.  Too bad they lack Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, so that means that I have to download the Entune app to get more apps to the car.

Here is my 5 most favorite infotainment systems (with the first being the best).

1. Sync 3 (Ford and Lincoln).  I like this system since it is simple and very easy to use.  It does include both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
2. Uconnect 4 (Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM)
3. iDrive (BMW)
4. UVO (Kia and Hyundai)
5. Toyota Entune (Toyota)

Here is my 5 least favorite infotainment systems (with the last being the worst).

5. IVI (Tesla)
4. Sensus Touch (Volvo)
3. InTouch (Infiniti)
2. AcuraLink (Acura)

And my least favorite infotainment system is...

1. Lexus Enform (Lexus)!  This godawful system forgoes the touchscreen in favor of a tedious touchpad and made the interface unnecessarily complex!  At least, the touchpad is slightly better than a pointless joystick in older versions of Lexus Enform.

And so, what is your most (and least) favorite infotainment system in your opinion?
[Image: 37m1fu.jpg]
i didn't think infotainment systems were different other then very minor differences until i saw this post

i've only seen chevy and dodge infotainment systems (if you cant tell, im pretty broke, they aren't even my parents cars. my parents have never owned cars with infotainment, like ever)
- NotPancake

Long time UD player, own a lot. Have every gamepass.
(08-22-2019, 02:17 AM)PancakeKillerYT Wrote: i didn't think infotainment systems were different other then very minor differences until i saw this post

i've only seen chevy and dodge infotainment systems (if you cant tell, im pretty broke, they aren't even my parents cars. my parents have never owned cars with infotainment, like ever)

Most older cars don't have infotainment systems.
[Image: 37m1fu.jpg]
I have a Honda Infotainment system which is pretty useless; the driver can only switch radio channels with the buttons on the steering wheel and must use the touchscreen for everything else. I have to press the buttons for the driver when I’m in shotgun.
From Toronto
Founder and Owner of the Canrolinas Driving Universe (we need help)
The Canrolinas Driving Universe discord join the discord! CDU Flagship game
We have a car with UConnect, and it's pretty nice. Some of the only bad things I can think of are that if you're in a car with no physical heated seat buttons, you can't change the heated seat settings with the icons in top left/right corners, you need to go into climate controls to change it. This is probably just preference, but when using Android Auto, there's no clock on the top bar of the screen. I hate having to search for the small clock in Android Auto when there could easily be a way bigger one.
Hmmph